You won’t want to miss out on the second meeting of 2015 of the Missouri Chapter of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons which will be held Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 1:00 pm.
The agenda will be packed with important updates on current and future legislation impacting ALL Missouri Patients and their physicians:
- The recent passage of H.R. 2 “Doc Fix” was widely supported by most of “organized medicine” and was considered a “bipartisan” victory. Speaker Boehner even planted a kiss on Minority Leader Pelosi in a Rose Garden party celebrating the bill’s passage. (We are not making this up.) But what was really in it? We will discuss the truth about this bill including ideas to pushback against its infringements on the patient-physician relationship.
- News on progress on efforts to STOP MOC & MOL (SB 400& HB 683) and the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact in Missouri and other states and how you can help push these initiaves across the line to victory.
- Update on bill to protect the availability of Direct Primary Care in Missouri.
- The Health Care Professional Volunteer Bill:-Provides physicians with malpractice immunity in their practices
-Gets rid of medical malpractice premiums
-Provides charity care for the indigent
-Saves Missouri taxpayers $ 1 billion plus annually
- Status of SB 63, a bill to create a Prescription Drug Monitoring Database in Missouri endagering patient and physician privacy.
- The “Walgreens/CVS” Collaborative Practice Bill, HB 633 & SB 415. Repeals old protections and replaces with act which is potentially dangerous to patients. Rescinds mandatory physician observation time and the distance rules. What is the MSMA position on this bill?
- Discussion to gather YOUR ideas about needed legislation to protect your practice and your patients. For example, what can be done to stop Walgreens violating patient confidentiality by requiring ICD diagnosis codes for pain prescriptions?
First State Comm Bank
1022 N Highway 47
Warrenton, MO 63383
1pm – Lunch and Presentations
No Charge, Lunch provided by AAPS
Online: at https://aaps.wufoo.com/forms/m4o4e010nbulpa/
or call/text: AAPS Business Manager Jeremy Snavely at 520-270-0761
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org